Saturday, April 3, 2010

Due Date Come...

...and gone? Though there are technically 3.5 hours left in this monumental Due Date Day, I think it's unlikely Baby Zurg will make an appearance. The longer this pregnancy goes, the less anxious I get about his timing. In fact, after today, we're starting a new kind of adventure...overdueness. My appointment went really well with Kathy, one of the midwives, on Friday. I don't think I've laughed so much at a prenatal checkup before. I really, really, really like working with the midwives. They're such a good group for me and my approach to pregnancy!

Anyway, here's the plan. We'll wait it out another week and see what happens. Next Friday, at week 41, I'm scheduled for a non-stress test, a sonogram, a cervical exam, and ANOTHER beta-strep test (those suckers expire after 5 weeks, sheesh!). Armed with all that data, we'll chat about options. How do I feel about induction? Well, I haven't made up my mind about it yet. I'm not SO uncomfortable every day that life is miserable...yet. My bulk is inconvenient, sure, but I'm able to sleep well most nights and rest in the afternoon during Alice's "quiet time." I'm curious to see what my body and this baby will do together without interference. How long will that curiosity overpower the inconvenience issue? No telling. At least one more week.

That said, my mom arrives on Friday. I've backed out of my regularly-scheduled obligations this week and I'm hesitant to make appointments/plans that I might not get to attend, so that leaves me alone at home a lot. I value my time at home, but it's been a few weeks of this already. I'm feeling kinda lonely now. It will be nice to have a friend around who also happens to make a few meals, clean my house, and entertain my child when I need a break :) A little time and space before the baby arrives can only be a GOOD thing, right?

2 comments:

  1. You are being modest...you look great. When I saw you at the grocery store you could have been a woman seven months along...shesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to do that for you!!

    ReplyDelete