At the end of November, there's a Tri-State Locally Grown Conference in Quincy, IL. This blurb from the registration materials summarizes the conference nicely: "This conference is designed for farmers, consumers, chefs, retailers, educators and others who are interested in building and supporting a sustainable local food system. Experts from Illinois, Iowa and Missouri will share their research and experiences in local food system work."
When I first heard about the conference, I was all pumped to go. I couldn't sleep because I was so excited! They'll be discussing all sorts of fascinating and relevant topics that just make me salivate. I was filling out the registration form when Bobby asked about Alice. D'oh! Who would take care of her that day? Bobby would be out of town on business that whole week. The conference would be all day, and it's a 3-hour drive each way. I would have to be gone from 5:30am to 7:00pm. Bobby had a good point...what about Alice? Uh...well...hm...I hadn't thought that far. Crestfallen, I decided that maybe this would be one of those sacrifices I'm supposed to make for my children. I had pretty much given up hope in attending. Then Bobby suggested he might be able to reschedule his business trip to CA and stay home with Alice that day. I can't tell you how that made me feel. And he did it. He actually rescheduled. What a gift. I guess this has turned into one of those sacrifices a husband makes for his wife :)
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful husband! And even more wonderful that he could actually change his trip so you could go. I'm excited to hear what you learn at the conference. :) Heidi
ReplyDelete