Alice goes through piles of clothes, when we're stuck at home.
Breathe through mouth now, not my nose, when we're stuck at home.
Dinner promptly served at 5, all the houseplants stay alive,
Wondering how I would get by, through a week at home.
Stuck at home, stuck at home,
Sweet and bitter in this sigh, "Now I'm stuck at home."
Alice snuggles me real close, when we're stuck at home.
Making progress, her pride shows, when we're stuck at home.
Pictures taken of our day, Mommy stops work just to play,
Maybe life won't fly away, while I'm stuck at home.
Stuck at home, stuck at home.
Maybe in one week we'll say, "Glad we stuck at home!"
The babe dons her bathing suit, Sunday shoes, and a coat to hunt for birds in the back yard.

I love it, beautiful, captures the sentiment amazingly well!
ReplyDeleteAs usual, you can say it perfectly!
ReplyDeleteHey, that gave me tingels all over. I sang that song as i read it, I am so proud of you for being so good to your child that needs to have a potty close by so she can have her potty nern.
ReplyDeleteLove you lots
Echoing the other comments, but just wanted to add that I also have a dread of being stuck at home. We'll see how that changes come summer when the temperatures soar. :)
ReplyDelete