On our last trip to St. Louis, we stayed the night in a motel. We got there when it was late, so Alice didn't have a chance to look out the window until the next morning when she said:
"Hey! I see a sign!"
Being the ever-diligent teacher of pre-reading skills, I quickly responded, "Wow, Alice! Which letters do you see?"
"Ummmm...H...O...O"
(I groan in anticipation)
"...T...E...R...S. What's that spell, Mom?"
I smother a laugh with the most nonchalant voice I can muster, "Hooters."
"What's Hooters?"
"A restaurant."
"Can we eat breakfast there?"
Bobby and I jump up in unison: "No."
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it. I had to repeat this story to Joe after reading it on your blog. Made us both crack up. I can just picture the hurried, "Uh, restaurant." :) And by the way, happy birthday again. You are such a fabulous friend.
ReplyDeleteLOL.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! 31.. is nice. its like we're coming into our own.. i like it. Yeah for the freedoms of advertising, I have a feeling that was just a preview of many instances to come!!
ReplyDelete