Monday, November 8, 2010

Changed my mind

After a terrible night like last night, I decided it's probably too early to put them together in one room. Alice woke up several times with a stuffy nose and Robert had one of his random wakings with lots of crying. I got very little rest between 10 and 1, but at least each of the kids only woke up with their own issues.

Decision made: I'm keeping them apart a little while longer.

(sigh of relief)

Note: I should clarify that I haven't actually put them in the same room yet. Each kid had a bad night on the same night, independent of the other kid. I can only imagine how much more frazzled I would feel if they had been in the same room waking each other up. I will probably consider putting them together in another 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. As the non-child friend, can you elaborate? Do you think that being in the same room facilitated the cryings and fussing - ie Robert started crying because he hadn't been as deeply asleep because Alice had been awake? Or did it make it more difficult to comfort the crying child? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete