Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Double Ear Infection

Fussy, fussy, fussy Robert,
Clinging like a static-y skirt.
Give him a dose of Tylenol
He still acts like he's hurt.

Won't eat, won't play, won't sleep a wink.
His body gets all hot.
"It can't be ear infection, Bud,
You haven't any snot!"

Reluctant trip to see the Doc.
(Some desperation, too)
"Ah yes, it's ear infection, ma'am
And not just one, but TWO."

Amoxicillin, you're my pal.
You stink, you're pink, but hey
For bringing back my little boy,
You're welcome any day*.

*any day you are medically warranted and properly prescribed by a licensed professional, of course.

5 comments:

  1. Very creative. It's amazing the inspiration (or is it insanity?) brought about by sleepless children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed! It rhymes! And I especially love the disclaimer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are a super woman if you can rhyme even when caring for a baby in pain. Atticus won't take medicine from a syringe anymore--we've traumatized him too much trying to get him to swallow a pile of tiny balls from a capsule--but we found that if we mix the pink stuff with chocolate milk he'll suck it right down. We've hidden as many as four medicines (antibiotic, pain reliever, cough syrup, and reflux meds) in one bottle of chocolate milk, and he still hasn't noticed. Chocolate milk is my new best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Aunt Susan. I could never make up a poem like that. It's hilarious, although I feel sorry for poor Robert. Hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete