Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Faux Chenille Blanket

I love, love, love this idea! A couple of twin-size beauties are on my future project wish list (we already have plenty of baby blankets to last us a couple generations):


Picture and idea snagged from MADE.

3 comments:

  1. So funny. I read another blog post on this today and before I read it, I was talking to a friend this afternoon about these. Mom made one. They are heavy, but warm. It's a great use of ugly fabric too. I've only used the technique for hot pads, but I'm contemplating a rug or blanket if I can get my hands on the yards and yards of brown harvest flannel our RS has taking up space in their closet. (I've heard rumors that we can use anything in there.) My recommendation--have sharp scissors and space out the cutting or you will have a very sore wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction--the post you linked to is the one I read. I got a little mixed up because MADE and Made by Rae are two different blogs.

    ReplyDelete