Saturday, September 22, 2012

Just for Lara

My sister recently sent me this note:

I'm craving a picture of your fresh-laid eggs…  Not urgent, just if you get a chance…

Love,
Lara


I'm happy to oblige. Again, I'm not sure how much of my 'farm life' to share on this blog. I don't want to bore people, y'know :) But if you ask for it, I'm happy to deliver. 

Here's a little video I shot the last time I went to gather eggs:



I let the ladies out on Thursday afternoon and they escaped to our neighbor's front yard while I was distracted with guests. They haven't been out since, hence their eagerness to hop out the pen door. Especially Roo.

Here's our current fresh egg stash. Oldest at the top (about 5-6 days old), newest at the bottom:


And here's me happy to deliver...



1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!! That is just exactly what I wanted to see. Getting eggs from chickens is like magic to me. That sounds stupid, but it is how I feel. Thank you for showing me. And I like the noises the chickens make. It reminds me of The Muppet Show.

    Your garden looks great! And your fruit trees are really growing. The last pic I saw of them they looked like sticks.

    ReplyDelete