It's official, Buddy is now as old as I think he is. I've been thinking he's three years old for almost six months.
He's totally loving his new maturity. "Now that I'm three..." has been the beginning of many interesting sentences: ...I can put on my clothes by myself, ...I can reach this high, ...I can use the potty by myself. He talks a big game, but hasn't actually decided to do any of these things consistently on his own :)
We had a low key family celebration, starting with presents at breakfast. Robert's favorite presents were obviously the enormous bunny lollipop (thanks, Gr and Gr E) and his very own roll of toilet paper. This boy really likes unrolling TP, but he usually gets in trouble for it, so I thought he would enjoy his own roll to do whatever he pleases with it. After carrying it around with him all morning, do you know what he said? "Mommy, I'm going to put this in the bathroom closet so I can use it when I use the potty."
Okay.
He invited his cousins, Will and Kayla, to his birthday dinner (Bill, Kristin, and Sarah joined us as well), and made a special request that Christina Allan join us. She's been his babysitter a couple times recently and he's grown quite fond of her. Buddy's birthday dinner consisted of chicken nuggets, cucumbers, apple slices, juice, and a toy. Those were his exact words. A toy? Really?! Bobby and I marveled at that for a while until we realized where he was headed: Happy Meal. We don't do the fast food thing very often. I guess I'm glad he thinks it's such a special treat. Robert selected bouncy balls for each of his special guests. Bobby made an awesome double-layered chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting, and we did light candles and sing to the boy, but we didn't manage to get a picture of any of it. It kinda stinks to be the last birthday of three in a month...your folks get accustomed to all the birthday hubbub and forget to take pictures.
And he's a middle child.
We may need to save money for therapy.
On to the pictures!
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment