Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lap Hog

I just wanted to share a few things about James here before he outgrows it and I forget it forever.

For family prayer, he's always liked sitting on my lap. Sometimes (more frequently recently) one of the other kids wants a turn, too, so I've been splitting my lap and putting one kid on each knee. It took James some time to be okay with this development. Even now, when he comes over to sit on my lap, he'll sit on one knee and then stretch out his other leg waaaaaaaaaaaay onto my other knee as if to claim it for his own...until another kid comes to sit on it, anyway. It's like he's ever hoping that he will get my lap entirely to himself again.

Oh, James-ee, you're in for a shock.

He calls himself "Weece"
He calls Robert "Ah-boo"
He calls Alice "A-lih"
Any man is "Daddy"
Any woman is "Mommy"
I'm "Mommy" or "Ma-Ma"

He hugs and kisses and coos at any animal that stays still long enough for him to catch up with it.

He does NOT like taking orders from Alice and Robert, especially Robert. He will intentionally disobey them...with glee.

Yesterday, he randomly came up to Robert and gave him a big face hug and kiss. Once Robert realized it wasn't a threat/wrestle, he really enjoyed it. Alice burst into tears because James was not in the mood to shower her with such affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment