Friday, March 20, 2015

"Butt Lock"

For weeks, James has periodically asked about something he called "butt lock." I could not, for the life of me, figure out what he was trying to say. I even asked follow-up questions like "What color is it?" "Did you see one today?" "Where is it?" "Is it big or little?" to no avail. I thought maybe it was a verb. James' answers were incomprehensible and I just couldn't understand before he got frustrated and stopped trying to explain. He gives up by saying "never mind" or "me no say it."

This morning, however, Robert finally showed me the way.

James was rolling his taxi car over the bedspread that Robert just laboriously spread out for me. Robert told James not to drive his car on it. James looked up at him and said, "Butt lock!"

"No, James, it's not a parking lot. It's a bed!"

Butt lock = parking lot

Huzzah!

Now I see why it was difficult to explain to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment