Monday, July 6, 2015

Bathroom

Years ago, before I had kids of my own, I walked into a friend's bathroom and was horrified by the stinky, sloppy, scattered mess that her kids had left. Surely my future kids would never do that.

Fast forward to this morning when I walk into the kids' bathroom...toothpaste drizzled on the muddy counter by one child had become finger paints for another child. Smeary handprints on the mirror indicating at least one child had been standing on the counter at some point. Tiny shreds of toilet paper sprinkled about the toilet seat. A trashcan piled high with used toilet paper that one child is too scared to flush ("it's going to flood!"). A smell I will not describe to you.

A royal mess. One so big, so deep, and so gross as to outpace even that horrifying bathroom I had witnessed so many years ago. More bathroom mess than I ever want to clean up for them ever again.

Ugh. My kids did this.

I see a new weekly chore in their future...

No comments:

Post a Comment