Thursday, October 22, 2015

Trellis!

Here is the trellis now that the fencing panels have been added and the brambles are tied up to it. Yes, the brambles are especially roughed-up. Nothing a good leaf drop and spring regrowth won't fix...I'm hoping. I laid down a soaker hose under the mulch, too. Love it! I'm so pleased with how it came out.



With the plants up off the ground, there's now room for a path and something else. I'm leaning towards hardy kiwi vines on the fence, but I will need to ask the neighbor about it. She probably would prefer grapes :( James is in the background here for scale.
An unexpected benefit to this addition has been an added measure of privacy. The driveway feels so cozy now (if driveways can be cozy) and it's fun to work behind the trellis on the mulch path. I think that's the part I like best. The privacy. But it comes at a cost...lower visibility of the intersection and street for all the bike riders in this family.

1 comment:

  1. So orderly and attractive! I love the way it looks and you will love how easy it will be to harvest your crop.

    ReplyDelete