I've been tweaking my schedule to make it fit my needs and priorities better. Things with James have gotten a TON better the last week, I've checked many things off my to-do list, and the house never got so out of control that I couldn't put it back together in 30 minutes or less. But I haven't managed to exercise. At all. And I'm still waaaaaaaay behind on the outdoor garden/chicken/farm work.
Who am I kidding? I've always been behind on the farm chores.
James relishes my time and attention. I feel like a celebrity around him. My presence, my words, everything about me is more powerful to him than any other person, place, or thing on this planet. I like it and don't like it at the same time. Sure, who doesn't like to feel loved? I just wish he would be as responsive and thoughtful towards some other really, really important people in his life (a few siblings come to mind). But only in the last 10 days with this modified schedule, he's managed to become more independent than ever with dressing and buckling his seat belt. He's trying to do "big boy" stuff and taking pride in it. Self-motivated. Happier. Self-directed.
And the only real cost to me is changing which exercise class I go to (which I don't like as much as the other class) and going on the mornings James is at preschool. I just haven't managed to go yet. Tomorrow, though, I'm totally there.
So, I'll try it out for a month and see how things develop further. If all James needs is more home time with Mom to feel secure in my love and attention, then I'm happy to give it to him. It makes behavior correction SO much smoother later in the day when he's driving the other kids nuts. I just wish I could also get my perfect workout schedule in there, too, and about 3 more hours of cool sunlight to work outdoors in ;)
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are SO happy to be related to your awesome family!!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately the only way I've figured out how to get exercise in is the 5:30 am spin class. I also do a 5 pm barre class twice a week, but it makes those nights crazy. Good luck!
ReplyDelete