Monday, October 17, 2016

No more pacifier...ouch.

First nap time without the pacifier...Matthew's not happy...I know all my kids went through this at some point and they don't SEEM to resent me too much, but it's stinkin' hard all the same :(

Why now?

1) Life is crazy, but I get more sleep and have more energy than I did a year ago. The pacifier was for ME more than anything. It was an easy fix for a stressful situation. It's time for both of us to develop a few more tools for that self-soothe, impulse-control, disappointment-management toolbox.

2) I can see it's starting to affect his front teeth.

3) There's no baby on the way forcing my hand here, so I was afraid that if I didn't do it now (about the time I took the pacifier away from all the other kids), then I might not do it at all. It's an artificial deadline, but the only one I've got. Might as well be consistent, right? ;)

IMG_20161017_122521221
Matthew, hamming it up for the camera. Never mind that he just poked his finger through his styrofoam cup and gushed 16 fl oz of ice-cold water all over his lap and the floor. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Why do they give toddlers styrofoam cups? I don't know how many I have had to have replaced after Jonathan crushed it. Granted, one might ask, as his mother, why do you continue to place said styrofoam cup within his reach? I live in a world of eternal optimism where someday he won't feel the need to crush every cup.

    ReplyDelete