Monday, February 12, 2018

Steam

I was riding my bike in the cold garage this morning. I bought a "trainer" that suspends the back tire and puts resistance on it so I can ride my bike even when it's too cold outside. Or, say, when a kid is staying home from school sick with a fever *ahem*. Like today. Robert is a tough kid, so when he says he's too tired to eat breakfast and he drags himself back to bed for an hour, we pay attention.

Anyway, I was working hard biking in the chilly garage when something in my peripheral vision started to shimmer. I turned and saw steam floating off my arm. Both arms.

WHAT?! How cool is that?! That totally made my day. Sick kid and all. 

I have a few pictures to share, too.

IMG_20180208_142538222
Robert has taken a break from colorful symmetry to explore impossibly ugly characters. This was the most interesting of his most recent series. He mostly draws them on the back of his school work.


IMG_20180208_142223726
Matthew's delightfully flat foot. He is almost too old for cute baby feet. He hates being called cute. If you call him cute, he'll tell/yell you in no uncertain terms that he is Matthew! Only Matthew. So, now when he does something cute we just say, "Oh, that's so Matthew!" He's cool with that.


IMG_20180209_172808838
James helped me peel some carrots for dinner. He was especially pleased with this pointy spear shape he had honed to perfection.


IMG_20180207_160013842
Alice rallied the boys around the Duplo to build a zoo. The animals are on the right, and the cafe is on the left. Just as much cafe as zoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment