1 week until the triathlon.
You can't really "cram" for something like that. The tension is getting to me. I feel the urge to swim, bike, and run harder than before. I also feel the urge to give up the training altogether and say "I've done enough". The best road is probably somewhere in the middle.
I officially started training for this event 11 weeks ago. Since then, I have logged 10 miles in the pool, 163 miles on the bike, and 67 miles on foot. My body has grown stronger and more oxygen-efficient. My weight hasn't changed, but my body shape has changed, and I'm happy with that. I like feeling stronger.
Now that the weather has turned warmer, I can do more of my training outdoors. That has been a welcome change.
Trying not to freak out about next Saturday. If I see it as the pinnacle of all my hard work, then I'm super stressed and want to get a really good time. If I view it as a pleasure cruise where finishing is the only goal, I feel a lot less stress, but I know I will be disappointed in myself.
Somewhere in the middle.
Somewhere in the middle.
Somewhere in the middle.
Argh! I don't do this "moderation" thing very well at all ;)
Friday, April 13, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good luck! you've totally got this and ps you are totally my hero for even attempting this. My Couch to 5K program isn't going so hot. I was supposed to run 25 minutes today, I did 15 *sigh* But you will be amazing and probably surprise yourself with your time. I'm excited to hear what you'll do next, since it doesn't seem like we'll ever get spring this year.
ReplyDeleteI'm cheering for you!
ReplyDelete