My friend Allison and I attended the temple yesterday. This visit had been in the works for a couple months, but I felt a renewed sense of urgency when three friends and family members from three different states contacted me separately within 2 weeks of each other and encouraged me to attend the temple again soon (Allison, Rachel, and Heidi). None of them knew it had been over a year since I had participated in an endowment session.
It was such a healing experience. And it was fitting that Allison was there with me, since she has been an integral, essential part of my life and healing since we became friends last fall. There are some feelings too strong for words. And some experiences too meaningful to share casually. I will tell you, though, that I cried with relief and joy and healing. That Allison was the companion I needed for this experience. And that I feel more loved and whole for having gone to the temple yesterday.
What a gift.
Sunday, January 27, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Exactly my own feelings when I went recently. Exactly!
ReplyDeleteAND...so happy to meet Allison even if it is only a picture. :)
ReplyDeleteYea! Love you.
ReplyDelete