The last few weeks (months?) Robert has been getting more dramatic. Moody. More yelling and storming off in frustration. 95% of my recent conversations with him have ended in 1) him screaming mad at me, 2) him sobbing mad at me, or 3) him smothering me with hugs and loving words because I'm his favorite person ever.
When Alice was 8-9 years old, something happened. She got a little
more dramatic. Moody. More storming off in frustration. I think I blogged about it. I sure WANTED to, anyway. I had hoped that it
wasn't a sign of things to come in her teenage years. As it turns out,
she's mellowed a bit over the last few years. Now she's more likely to hang
out quietly in her room reading or texting her friends than anything
else.
I take comfort that maybe Robert's elevated emotional state is age-appropriate...and maybe temporary? More experienced parents tell me that the tween stage is hard, but it does eventually change. Into what? It's not the same for everyone.
We shall see, I suppose.
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment