I overheard Matthew's teacher making a certain announcement for the first time in her life, I'm sure: "When you go to the bathroom during class, don't take your computer with you. Just leave the computer."
Also, Matthew's writing assignments have started to require a little more out of him. Today he had to write a sentence about a family tradition:
![]() |
| His text reads, "On kwmis, my family dokawats a kwsmis chwe." (translation: On Christmas, my family decorates a Christmas tree). He tells me the person is jumping with joy while he decorates. |
He can hear the difference between Cwistmas and Christmas. He can say it, too. And I've tested him multiple times to see if he can say "the" instead of "vuh", and he can. He just doesn't think about it that way when the words are coming out of his own mouth. I'm confident he'll sort it out eventually, and I might be a little sad about vat :)
****************
I pulled some fleece pajamas out of storage for James this week. He's just barely 8 years old, but tall for his age, so I thought the size 10 PJs would work all winter. Nope. They were high waters on him, and the sleeves didn't reach his wrists. Seriously?! I measured his height. He's about the 97th percentile in height for a boy his age, which makes him the size of your average 11-year-old. His summer shorts and short-sleeved t-shirts deceived me!! So, size 10 is too small and the next one up is size 12, which is too big. Robert wears size 12-14! And I measured Robert, too. He falls at the 90th percentile in height for age. Big, big boys. And Matthew? 37th percentile. Alice still hovers around 50th percentile.
What a variety of phenotypes from the same parental genotypes! I'm taking that as a good sign...lots of genetic variability...hybrid vigor and whatnot ;)

Matthew's paper was totally understandable. Good for him! And yes, it's fun to see how the children develop. Just wish we could be there to see it.
ReplyDelete