This is James sitting in a garden aisle building a stockpile of "fairy dust" (a superfine dust that floats on the air when dropped or thrown). It was hot, so he got an umbrella to keep the sun off. The boys developed a crazy game that used this fairy dust. They threw it at each other. Surprised? I banned them from actually chucking it at each other, so they modified the game a little. They threw the dust at the person's feet and any dust cloud it made was "poison" that killed a player and kicked him out of that round. Last boy standing was the winner. All three boys were maneuvering around the garden beds collecting and throwing this fairy dust at the each other for an hour. And they were having FUN! So, I didn't stop them. I didn't even stop them when the game morphed into dumping buckets of dust onto Matthew's back so he would make a dust trail when he ran. I did draw the line at pouring buckets of dust down into his clothes, though. Of course, neither Robert nor James were getting so heavily dusted. Matthew didn't seem to care. He loved the game. I don't think the bigger boys were being malicious or anything. It's just an unspoken sibling dynamic of power that the youngest guy is the guinea pig. And this guinea pig was having a RIOT. The natural consequence of bathing your little brother in dust, though, is helping him bathe it all off and washing those filthy clothes. They kinda groaned at that, but couldn't deny the logic.
|
Thank you for the glut of pictures! It's wonderful to see into your family for a little. And it was a joy to rear you. The only anxiety I had was whether or not we gave you what you needed when you needed it. We definitely love you and admire all that you have become and are becoming.
ReplyDelete