Tuesday, December 21, 2021

What they bring

You may have noticed a tapering off of blog entries. It's not for any lack of things to blog about, but Alex and Robert are getting old enough that there is less and less that I can comfortably share about them in the public arena. I try to respect their privacy. Also, my experiences are far more personal and spiritual and complex these days, especially when it comes to Alex, so it's difficult to compose them into neat blog posts with descriptive titles. It's difficult to be descriptive enough AND respect everyone's privacy AND revisit such powerful experiences when there isn't a clear conclusion at the end. Hence, I've been journaling a lot more than blogging lately :) I will gladly chat with folks about these things in person, though.

*************************************************************

I've been thinking lately about what each child brings to our family:

Alex brings confidence and laughter and ridiculousness.

Robert brings curiosity and tenacity and honesty.

James brings creativity and generosity and flexibility.

Matthew brings love and playfulness and social glue.

 



1 comment: