Friday, February 25, 2022

Photo Dump :)

We had a couple of warm days between two winter storms. I just HAD to get outside. Birds were singing, the sun was shining, and the ice was a lot of fun. Here, James and Matthew are playing "The Grass is Lava".


Later, we went for a block walk where James found oodles of puddles to stomp in and get soaked. Matthew wanted to look tough...as tough as you can look in striped pajamas, anyway.

"Take a picture of me punching the camera!"

Alex and Robert in their fencing gear. I still can't get over how they are the EXACT same height. They like fencing class. They'd learn more if they were in private lessons, of course, but then there wouldn't be as many other kids to fence against. And it's really, really important to Robert to know how many other kids he can beat in fencing. And video games. And test scores. And height. And everything else. I wouldn't call him competitive, per se, but he's all about comparison. He likes to do well. He judges how well he's doing by how many people are doing better/worse/more/less than he is. 

Alex leading our Valentine's Day Monday Night Fun activity: sugar cookie decorating!

Alex also got the rest of his molars sealed. All grown-up teeth now. Only the wisdom teeth left to come in. He's laughing and enjoying a sugar-free sucker they gave him (it helps with the bitter aftertaste, but it's not tasty).

This month, I traveled to Tennessee and Georgia to support Rachel on 2 more of her 50-50-50 bike rides. This Bigfoot statue, and many others, were on the property of the house we stayed in. Kinda quirky. I was too anxious/nauseous/unwell to ride with her on this trip. Fingers crossed I get this anxiety under control in time to train for the rides in April (Mississippi and Alabama coast).

The first real winter storm left a good bit of snow. I took the kids to the enormous sledding hill at Colbert Park. James conquered every single face of that hill, so proud of himself for being so daring. You can't see the hill in this picture, of course. That's the frozen lake behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment