![]() |
| James and Matthew exploring the edge of Homer Lake. We brought the kayaks, but lake kayaking just isn't as fun as river kayaking. |
![]() |
| Matthew wanted a picture of himself tossing a hat into the air. |
Alex's 3 jobs have kept him very busy. And rich. He's quite happy these days. He's been commuting by bike ~45 miles a week, so I figured it was time to outfit his bike like a real commuter mobile. He picked out a water bottle cage, rear rack, and pannier. We installed them together. He rode the new setup to work today and looooooved it. He can't wait to take it to the grocery store. I have grand, romantic visions of him turning into a lifelong bike commuter when the reality is, I just wish I were a bike commuter.
Robert went on a camping trip with the YM. The outdoor camping part was pretty much torture. And the menu wasn't flexible enough for him, so he went hungry a lot of the time, too. Getting home was a relief.
Bobby helped two families move this week. I'm taking dinner to a third. The new families that move in each summer keep our ward dynamic and fresh. Every time, I think, "Well, I don't have much in common with this family so we'll never get to know each other in any meaningful way." And I'm happy to report that I'm pretty much wrong every time.
We test-drove a new minivan on Monday. It had a skylight and heated/cooled seats. James loudly declared, "Forget a Tesla, I want a Chrysler Pacifica for our next car!"
My personal and community garden projects continue to make me happy. So far, our community garden has donated 225 pounds of produce to neighbors in need. A whopping 40 pounds of spinach alone! At home, I've been able to eat, share, or preserve 90% of the harvest. Some snap peas got away from me :(
Our new hens are laying beautiful eggs. I'll have to take a picture for you. So many colors!




No comments:
Post a Comment