"No, I only tease people I trust to love me already." Explaining his love language to Matthew this morning. He had said something snarky to Matthew, Matthew groaned, I explained that teasing is how Robert shows love, so Matthew should feel loved. Robert corrected me with the above statement, making the lighthearted (but totally true) point that his teasing is only an indicator of his perception of YOUR love for HIM, not the other way around. He doesn't play mind games. His mind just works in roundabout ways.
"Okay, this is slightly more fun than I thought it would be. " He and I were sharing a paddleboat at Crystal Lake Park for Monday Night Fun. Robert doesn't like outside. Adamantly. So, a family activity involving open water, flying insects, and spiders was already cruel and unusual to him. For just a couple moments, as we raced to catch Matthew and Bobby's boat and Robert finally got the hang of the rudder, he turned to me and told me this.
"I'm sorry." This one doesn't come often, but it's sincere when it comes.
"I genuinely think you're going deaf. " I heard this when I didn't understand yet another few things he was telling me in haste. I do think I should get my hearing checked. He's not the only one I wish I could understand better the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment