I've got a pain in my left foot that's been really bad the last couple of weeks. Turns out I've got a teeny bit of age-appropriate arthritis in one metatarsal, and one bone that's a little longer than ideal. The solution is a funky pad in my shoe. It's already made a HUGE difference. Sweet relief. The foot doctor made an audio recording of our visit and used AI to generate the note for my chart.
James had a great visit to the dentist. Still no cavities, but when the dentist ran James' x-rays through an AI program, it identified two "weak" spots that could eventually turn into cavities. The dentist recommended a few extra things James could add to his tooth brushing routine to slow the decay and maybe even restrengthen those spots.
Matthew had a rough weekend, but still not as bad as what used to be normal. By Monday morning, he was his "new normal" again and cracking jokes like a pro. He's full of big ideas and enthusiasm these days.
Robert had his first tennis match. Apparently, only the varsity team has scheduled matches. All the junior varsity kids just spar with whoever is free from the other team. Their matches don't count towards anything. Robert doesn't care. He had a great time and learned a lot by playing against strangers.
Bobby hid the kids' Easter candy again this year. The kids really enjoy it. None of the hiding spots were ridiculous, but it brought to light how many nooks and crannies and little spaces we ignore in our daily life. You think you've searched EVERYWHERE, but you haven't.
Our praying mantis died :( She didn't survive her final molting. Poor girl. She was about to get her wings!
Our baby chicks are growing quickly. We've moved them from James' room to the garage because they were just too messy and stinky to stay. Nova is obsessed with them. She has attempted murder on more than one occasion, and she goes ballistic if they're outside and she can't get to them. We have hopes that they will look less delicious when they're bigger, but who knows? This is a terrifically docile breed, quiet, super chill.
I've started planting my garden. I lost some young broccoli and cabbage to bunnies who found a weakness in my fencing *sigh* but I've patched things up and will plant again. James saved some seeds from his giant Halloween pumpkin last year and planted them indoors. I had no idea how well they would sprout, so we planted them all, but it looks like 95% of them survived. We have a TON of pumpkin seedlings now. More than will ever fit in my whole garden. I've told him to pick his 10 favorite seedlings to plant outdoors. No more. I also know he's devising ways to sneak in a couple dozen more. The stinker.
James and Matthew are at the end of their archery season. Matthew continues to get better and James has made SIGNIFICANT progress. Matthew still loves it, James still hates it *shrug*
I don't have much of an update from Lukas. He's been pretty busy with school. He did send me a picture of a chocolate lemon meringue pie, though, which made me gag. Thanks, Lukas.
No comments:
Post a Comment