You may be wondering about the thing on her head. Well, that was Alice's idea. She saw the extra swimsuit fabric lying there and thought it would make lovely "swimming hair." She showed me where to sew it so she could have two long ponytail-like strips running down her back, draped over her shoulders, or flying in the breeze however she likes.When she discovered the headband could also be used to make an enormous, wavy poof in the front, she was hooked. She wore it off and on the rest of the day...including 3 hours in the car on our way to St. Louis and right up to the hotel front desk. The woman behind us in line commented on Alice's outfit and asked about the "scarf". Alice politely informed her it was hair for swimming. The woman smiled and nodded, unsure how to respond.
Anyway, Alice likes it as an outfit. Will she swim in it? That has yet to be tested. The shirt is a little too short (I should have predicted that!), so I'll be fashioning a little ruffle to go along the bottom. Alice likes the ruffle idea and asked about adding ruffles to the pants to make them more beautiful, too. Um.



Looks good. I had to add the ruffle on the bottom of a tankini top that I made for Katy once. I don't know why swimsuit patterns run short. As for the cutting, I've heard that it generally takes 1/3 of the sewing time to cut out a garment. It sounds like you were right on par, or even under time, depending on how you interpret the statistic.
ReplyDelete