Warning to the faint-hearted: this entry contains five references to emesis (i.e. look at the title, dude). Whoops, make that six.
Only minutes after our friend told us his whole family was home from church with a strange barfing illness, Alice pukes Cheerios and a whole lot of stomach acid all over her dear old dad. Woo hoo! Half the ward was missing today for similar reasons.
Alice is asleep now after a bath and a few changes of clothing. I'm glad she's a "snuggly sickie" instead of a "mean sickie." It's a great feeling to cuddle and soothe a little baby, even if she tends to barf on you. I've never been so matter-of-fact about bodily fluids in my life. Love truly conquers all (:
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is Bobby as matter of fact as you?
ReplyDeletePoor little thing. I hope she gets feels well soon.
Bobby handled it quite well, actually. Alice barfed on him in the middle of Elders Quorum. She managed to get it all over herself and Bobby's suit, but none anywhere else. He cleaned them up the best he could in the bathroom, then said the stench of stomach acid was giving him a headache so he decided to pull me out of Relief Society. The other three times she barfed that day, he appeared to be just as calm and collected as I was. Bobby would clean up the floor or the furniture while I changed our clothes (Alice's outfit and mine would usually be soaked through to the skin). All in all, our first episode of projectile vomiting went quite well, I think.
ReplyDelete