Monday, September 1, 2008

Cheese Curling Details

Though we have no photos of us competing in the International Cheese Curling Championship THIS year, here is a photo of our efforts LAST year. Our teammates this year were our neighbors and friends from church, Joe and Ashley. Baby Spence was kind enough to hold/squeeze/lick our wheel of cheese until showtime. We saw quite a few people there from our ward, and one team actually curled a PERFECT score (3 bullseyes = 12 points). My good friend from Effingham and her family came in second by only one point.

After all the sporting excitement, we tried our first Lemon Shake-ups. It's a lemonade drink prepared with fresh lemon, granulated sugar, and freezy cold ice water. The idea is mouth-watering, but I wasn't impressed with this particular cupful. The sugar never quite dissolved and yet it was STILL too sweet. This is something I will definitely have to tinker with at home.

The cheese itself, however, is delicious. I'm a big fan of swiss cheese, and Alice appears to like it too, though she tends to like EVERYTHING. Bobby made some tasty grilled 4-cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight (baby swiss, mexican mozzerella, regular mozzerella, and cheddar). Alice will be old enough next year to compete with us. We'll be sure to take pictures THEN!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photos! I'm totally jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete