Monday, November 17, 2008

Radio Silence

I've been a little quiet lately. No reason, really, but I have lots of excuses :)

Alice starts to maul me as soon as I put the computer on my lap. If I wait until her "quiet time" to write, then I'm sucked into family history "mysteries" like finding any evidence of my great, great uncle's existence beyond 1860. I found a man with his same name, age and location who enlisted in the Confederate Army and died in the war a few months later. Is THAT guy MY guy? A mystery! "Addiction" is probably a more accurate description. It's always an exciting thought in the back of my brain, but not always the most exciting thing to read about on someone's blog. Y'know?

I'm tempted to plan a research trip out to the Carolinas, but I get the feeling that no trip will be long enough to learn all I want to learn about these people. Perhaps in a few decades when I've exhausted all the OTHER resources available online and through the Family History Center and my local library's interlibrary loan program, I can justify a trip out east. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. The Carolinas! (!!) You know if you did want to visit, I could help you, right? Or if you needed a specific detail (gravestone? random little town hall?), I would have fun running an errand to a random small town, at least, if it were in the North version of the Carolinas. Anyway, sounds interesting. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete