This week has been very interesting. Thursday and Friday night we had 5 boys and a chaperone staying with us. They were attending youth conference here. They were extremely well behaved. They even cleaned out our gutters, something that I have been putting off. Friday night there was a bit of a tornado scare. The sirens went off and the radio was reporting that the national wether service said that a tornado was going to hit campus. So instead o putting Alice to bed we all sat huddled in the hallway of our house watching Sesame Street on the computer. It is one of Alice's favorite things to do in the whole world, so it made the siren not so scary. Luckily they got it wrong. The tornado did not form where they expected it to. Two tornados did show up from that storm about 20 miles away from us though. They passed about 2 miles south of a boy scout camp where the boys from our ward were at. No one was hurt at the boy scout camp but a power line fell down over the only road into or out of the camp trapping everyone inside.
This is significant because on Saturday Alice got to go to a birthday party. It was a lot of fun, but Susan was at the family history center so I got to take her, unfortunately I had to drop Alice off and spend the first half of the party picking up two of Alice's friends who were also invited, their Dad, and only car was trapped at scout camp behind a down power line. After I dropped them off I had to go switch cars with Susan because a there is no way in the world to fit 3 car seats in the back seat of a Yaris. There are some things you give up for 40 MPG. I did get back to the party in time to take a few pictures and movies

For dinner that night we had Guacamole with our burritos. For some reason Alice likes to eat it with a fork, or as can be seen below her hands
Today was father's day. Alice got me a tie, that I felt obliged to wear to church
We also made Icecream
[flv]http://evansfamily.powweb.com/movies/2009/making_icecream.flv[/flv]
[flv]http://evansfamily.powweb.com/movies/2009/unvailing_icecream.flv[/flv]
Overall it was a very good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment