Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Creative Kick

I've been feeling "projecty" lately. Alice has noticed. She's in the middle of every project and coming up with her own, too.

Making pita bread from the brilliant "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" book:

Untitled

Making a set of casual cloth napkins for a friend. One layer of 100% cotton fabric, solid dark green, edges serged in black thread. The four napkins on top are folded in fourths:

Untitled

Bobby actually did this project with Alice...rice krispy treats for Family Home Evening:
Untitled

This is Alice's own "project" that she came up with using a little Scotch tape, some toilet paper, a scratch paper drawing, and a long scrap of fabric. She says it's for us to remember things. And it's a "funny thing."

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I modified this tutorial to create a wacky series of reusable sandwich and snack bags out of fabric remnants and some fused plastic grocery bags (or heavy plastic bags from my wheat storage). Therefore stylin' on the outside and water resistant on the inside. I have a whole bunch of the Obama print and Bobby won't take them to work ;) Anyone else want one?:

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. Those sound like some awesome projects! I found some gauze material and I'm making produce bags this weekend. And I found this awesome tutorial to make replacement swiffer mop sponges. So exciting.

    And I'd take the Obama sandwich bags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed! And I'd happily take an Obama sandwich bag off of your hands. :) How are they at keeping the bread from drying out? Are you satisfied with their performance?

    And I'm impressed by the serging. I've had Mom's serger for a few years and I'm still scared of it. But I've decided to take a class to overcome my intimidation. Next quarter is my sewing/knitting quarter (this quarter's focus is fitness), so I'm making a list of all the things I want to work on. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool!! I have to have an Obama bag. Sarah has been learning about presidents because this is "P" week at pre-school, so she now knows that "Brock" Obama is the president. She also brought her Parasite (Malaria) for "P" show and tell.

    ReplyDelete