Monday, June 21, 2010

Being himself

Robert's 2-month checkup was this morning. Alice was relieved to hear she would not be getting any shots, and she reminded Robert several times in a sing-song voice that he WOULD be receiving shots today. I don't think she was trying to be mean. I think she was just happy for herself.

Anyway, he's still gaining weight (17 lbs 6 oz) despite the diarrhea. He's still 50th-75th percentile for length and head circumference. Still off the charts for weight. I don't think my pediatrician believes me when I say he's exclusively breastfed. He's in good health, and very much his own person. Everything I remember from Alice's 2-month checkup, he did the opposite:

Alice ignored the doctor...Robert smiled and cooed, kicked and giggled.

Alice recovered from the shots as soon as the Band-Aid was on...Robert screamed and cried for 10 minutes, requiring much attention to calm him down.

Alice slept for the rest of the day...Robert's on his regular schedule, though a little crankier.

When we got home, I finally remembered to give him a dose of baby vitamins. He hates it! He won't swallow it. Cracks me up. Yet another small difference from Alice.

One thing that was the same this time: blue Snoopy Band-Aids on the upper thighs.

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. He is such a cute little chunk! I love it. I started laughing imagining Alice telling Robert about his shots - too funny. Yet very familiar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those legs! Wow! And in this photo, it looks like he has your eyes, Suz.

    ReplyDelete