Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bobby's Sunday Summary

A bit of a crazy week. This week has felt kind of crazy. but I think that was mostly because yesterday was crazy, but good. Saturday started out early with Alice and Robert's cousins being dropped off. Their mom had to practice for a choir number she was going to sing that night at stake conference. So all the kids played together until about 9:30 when they all got their shoes and coats on so we could go to Read Across America. We have done it for the past several years. Unfortunately, Susan had to go visit a friend in the hospital at 10, so she took Robert and I took the other three to the Mall for the event. We went around to various booths. We listened to stories being read. We played some games, and in the end we got to pick out a new book for each kid. It was a lot of fun. Before it was over though, Susan showed up to help getting the kids home. As we were leaving the mall, Kristen drove up to pick up the kids, so the timing was absolutely perfect. She had called me before she came over, but it was so loud that I couldn't hear it.

After that we had a bit of quiet time, ALice even took a nap. That afternoon we had church meetings. I was gone from just before 4:00 to just after 6:00 and then Susan left and was gone until about 8:30. SO I got to put the kids in bed myself. It went OK, but it was a very long and exhausting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment