- I rediscovered a stash of navy blue bath towels. Our current bathroom is red, but now I know I can change it up at minimal cost. There's also the distinct possibility that one day I may have more than one bathroom in my home :)
- No matter how much I like a top's color, fabric, or style, I just don't wear it if it's too short. Half of my top wardrobe was too short, thus taking up valuable closet space for nothing. That's clutter.
- Longer shirts are more comfortable, but the long shirts I've collected tend to be button-ups that should be tucked in. I hate tucking. I've never tucked. In front of the mirror, however, it was obvious that no matter how comfortable those shirts were, they looked sloppy hanging out like that. I don't like to look sloppy...anymore. Time for a change.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Hot Spot #1
Project: Simplify Hot Spot #1 is my wardrobe. I laughed when I read this challenge because I literally don't think about clothes. This was going to be easy, right? The hardest part would be locating my out-of-season clothes and taking the time to try on every single piece of clothing I own...only took me 20 minutes. Ha ha haaaaa! It was very educational, though. I followed the directions very closely and actually tried them on in front of a mirror. What a thought! Not only should a piece of clothing be comfortable, but it should look the way I want to look. Suddenly, I have an opinion on how I look. Go figure. Here's what I found :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two words... Online shopping ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to try things on online, but I do like shopping from my home. Just find a place with easy returns. Lands End wins my vote for easiest to return. You can even take it all up to Sears and not have to pay shipping. Of course I'm hoping you don't find yourself having to return a lot. I've been looking for longer tops myself. They seem difficult to find, but I'm hoping with tunic styles being more popular I'll come across more that I like.
ReplyDeleteMan, too bad we aren't going to live nearby you guys :) I think it would be really fun to come with you! I don't know if that would be weird having someone along that you've at this point never met, though. haha :) and by 'helpers' you probably meant the kids... anyway, have fun :)
ReplyDeleteDon't take the kids! Never shop frustrated or distracted! Take a friend who knows you and will be honest about whether something looks good. I would love to go with you, especially since I need a few things myself.
ReplyDeleteSpurred by this challenge, I'm wearing a shirt today that hasn't seen the light for at least a year. I hate to ditch it because it's a brand I like, but I don't particularly like the color, and the buttons are ugly. But it's comfortable... An honest friend told me, though, that it's not particularly flattering, so I think it's destined for DI. :(
I despise online shopping. It is a waste of my time. I just sit and stare and never decide on anything and when I finally do I find that half of it doesn't fit, but I'm too lazy to send it back so I just wear ill-fitting clothes/shoes that I'm disappointed in. But that's my take.
ReplyDeleteI'd LOVE to go shopping with you. I am a very good shopping consultant. I helped Ashley pick out a dress for her brother's wedding. I had so much fun. I haven't been shopping with other ladies nearly enough since I moved away from my sister.
Seriously, it would be like a treat for me to advise you. You've helped me out a lot recently, and I have been wondering how I could return the favor, and, not to toot my own horn or anything (aaa-rrooo-gah!) but I have talents here. Please can I come?
I am super excited for you to take on this shopping challenge! It is intimidating, but you will love the results. I have made so many shopping mistakes, so, From Experience:
ReplyDelete1. No online clothes shopping except for specialty items like swimwear and extra-long t-shirt/cami items (ie. Downeast Basics)
2. Long shirts can be found at the above website, Old Navy and Target.
3. Only buy jeans/pants that have at least a little spandex in them.
4. Shop alone or with one adult friend who will help you.
5. Absolutely DO NOT BUY it if you don't love it.
6. Good foundational wear is not optional, and it is worth the exorbitant price. Just close your eyes and pay it.
Love you!