Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tractors!

Guess where our field trip took us today?


Tractors! Front loaders, back hoes, combines, excavators, steamrollers, and articulated wheel loaders! Oh yeah, baby, we totally toured Birkey's Farm Store in Urbana. The temperature was hovering around 35F and the wind gusts were up to 25mph, but our little cluster of kids held out pretty well. The manager let us climb in and explore all kinds of heavy machinery for agriculture and construction. I wish I had known more about it so I could ask our generous and friendly tour guide more questions.




Regardless of what the awkward picture above suggests, Robert liked wandering, climbing, sitting and steering. Alice enjoyed it off and on, depending on how cold she felt at the moment. Spencer B. was at our tour guide's side, leading the way, and almost always the first one to hop onto the next big machine.

If I ever do this again, I will do it in the middle of the summer. Brrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment