Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1 month checkup

James is 1 month old. I have zero complaints about his personality. It's his age I find trying.

*sigh*

That said, he's doing his best to grow up. At the doctor's office, he weighed in at 12 pounds 9 ounces ( greater than 97th percentile) and measured 22.75 inches (95th percentile). See ya', 0-3 month clothes. Bobby and I make BIG boys. Big, gassy boys. For reference, Robert was 11.5 pounds at his 1-month checkup, but not nearly as long as James is, so he looks a LOT fatter than James does in his 1-month picts.

James is still mellow. He's physically strong. Bright blue eyes. Loves a regular feeding routine...he's like clockwork. When his body finally matures enough to work out the intestinal gas issues, I'm sure we'll all sleep better. He responds to familiar voices and has started making eye contact. I think the kids almost kinda made him chuckle yesterday...I can't wait for that hilarious development :)

Alice likes to hug him periodically, usually when she wants praise/attention from me. Robert tolerates him well enough, but often asks me to put him down so I can play "with both hands." It's clear, though, that he's a part of our family. The kids accepted him without question. I already can't imagine life without him.

We went to the library as a family last Saturday. I stepped back a moment and just looked at my family together: Bobby, Alice, Robert, and James. It's a satisfying little cluster of people that I genuinely love and care for. That's a good feeling. I thought of our future together and discovered an unexpected thrill of joy.

Maybe this will all work out after all :)





2 comments:

  1. What a chunky little guy! He's a doll. And I love seeing that smile and hearing about the thrill of joy. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really pretty in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete