Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tree Walk

I looked out my window this morning and saw a silhouette that I liked very much:


I've been toying with the idea of painting a silhouette on one wall in my front room. A tree in winter, I think. It's such a dramatic and vibrant image...pure umami to my gardening hunger. I asked Robert if he'd like to come with me to take pictures of more trees. Just for inspiration, y'know?

"You mean go outside? Yeah!"

"Take a picture of this one, Mommy! It's SOOOOOO big!"
"Wait a minute. Can I climb this one?"
It was awesome being outside. Love it. I hate painting, so this project may be put away for a few years. But for now, I like mulling it over.

4 comments:

  1. If you hate painting, you might consider commissioning someone else to do it. I wouldn't accept the job, but I'm just sayin'. Or maybe you could take the image and print one of those vinyl transfer thingies... or get a really big print of one of your digital photographs. I just mention these ideas because, well, if you hate painting, let's be real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved tree silhouettes too! Eucalyptus trees are especially graceful. I also wanted to paint one on a wall. But as you may remember our houses, it never happened. So I vote with Alysa. I looked up tree silhouettes on the net and there are many to choose from. None that I love, but maybe someone could make a really big print of one that you love, as she said. I hope so. I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, you should try one of those removable wall decals. Just google "wall decal tree" and you'll find hundreds. You could even get several different decals and create your own forest. Some (but not all) are a little pricey, but if you value your time & sanity above money, it might be worth it. Here's one I found in a quick search that is kind of similar to your silhouette picture:

    http://www.amazon.com/Designer-Decor-Removable-Forest-Sticker/dp/B001F42LWU/ref=sr_1_49?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1360343876&sr=1-49&keywords=tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great place to look is etsy.com. There is a lot of variety. Simply search "tree wall decal" and see what you can find. They vary in price and size and are much easier than painting!

    ReplyDelete