Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stinky Socks

Buddy pulled a sock out of the clean laundry basket and shoved it under my nose, "Smell it! Stinky sock!"

"Actually," I said, "that's a perfectly CLEAN sock that smells lovely *sniff* *sniff* *sniff*."

Buddy briefly pulled the sock behind his back and then shoved it under my nose again, "Stinky sock!"

This time, he was right.

He had farted/tooted/passed gas on the sock.

On purpose.

I was so disgusted and impressed with the idea at the same time that I wasn't sure how to respond. I decided to reward Buddy's resourcefulness and made a big stinking deal about how stinky that sock had suddenly become. He laughed his head off. I laughed my head off. I love being this kid's mom.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You know, as much as we like to diminish gender differences, I keep learning that little boys are born this way. Farts and boogers and dirt and danger are just part of who they are.

    ReplyDelete