...Robert bursts out, "Mom! I know what I want you to bring me from Hawaii!"
"What's that, Bud?"
"A snow shovel!"
Alice snickers and says, "You can't find a snow shovel in Hawaii because there's no snow."
"I don't want snow, I want a snow shovel," he retorts.
Alice insists, "You can't find a snow shovel in Hawaii!"
"Mom?" Robert asks, "What if there's a kid in Hawaii who wants a snow shovel for his birthday. They could MAKE one for him, right?"
"Yeah, they could probably make one."
"Yeah. At a factory," he says quietly to himself, "But if you can't find a snow shovel at Hawaii, I want a big bag of candy."
"And if you can't find a fancy dress with matching red ruby shoes, then I want a big bag of candy, too!" chimes in Alice.
"Um. Okay. Will do."
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment