After preschool on Tuesday, Robert hops into the car and says, "I think I made a new friend."
Trying to contain a wave of relief and excitement, I ask casually, "Oh really? Who?"
"I don't know his name. He has a green truck on his shirt."
I then ask him a string of follow-up questions, hoping to stir his memory, but he starts getting frustrated and I have to stop.
"I don't know any more. Just the green truck on his shirt. Maybe next time I can show him to you."
We drive a little longer in silence and then he says, "I hope he's there next time. If he's not there, then I don't want to go to preschool. But if he's there then I will have fun."
Why am I so dang excited for Robert to have a friend? First, as he mentioned, it might help him look forward to preschool more, which is something he still struggles with a bit. Second, I just like to see him trying out relationships with peers. Woo hoo!
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment