I broke my family tree.
Badly.
Irreparably? Let's hope not.
I'm teaching in my Relief Society group this Sunday. As part of that lesson, I decided to demonstrate some of FamilyTree's newest features which include hints and tips and red flags. For many of my ancestors, FamilyTree automatically found them in censuses and birth/marriage/death indexes and all I had to do was handpick who to link the records to. Absolutely genius!
Anyway, I've gotten a little carried away this week. I've spent a couple hours a day linking sources to ancestors and merging duplicate records. It's fun! But I went too far, somehow. Suddenly, in the middle of a merge or two, FamilyTree started warning me that two records couldn't be merged because one of them didn't exist anymore...and yet, there it was!
And now, I can't even load my own pedigree. I have NO access to ANYTHING I was going to demonstrate on Sunday. Argh. ARGH!
I broke it! I broke my family tree!
May I borrow yours for the weekend?
Friday, August 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment