Matthew was given a name and a blessing this morning at church. It was a quiet experience this time. There were no grandparents or other family members traveling to join us. There was no fanfare at all, actually, and it was only yesterday that I remembered to look for a white outfit to dress him in. I guess I had always used the fanfare to remind me to prepare properly :)
No worries, Matthew, you were not forgotten. Your name means "Gift from God." I felt that acutely today. Your dad blessed you with strength and knowledge beyond your years. You were also blessed to be a leader, to help yourself and your friends go the way the Lord would have you go. You were given a special strength to resist peer pressure. I couldn't have wished for more!
I'm only just getting to know you, Matthew, but my life is better for having met you. I know you are important to us and the Lord. Your life has purpose. Welcome, welcome to the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it. What a special thing.
ReplyDeleteA perfect summary of a very special day for a precious soul. He is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad that we got to be there to participate in such a special day. Love you all!
ReplyDelete