Matthew started eating baby cereal in earnest last Friday. Up until that point, he would have 3-4 messy diapers a day. After his first real bowl of mush, that all stopped. I kept feeding him more mush every day and lots of nursing to try and work it through. Oodles of wet diapers, but no poop. He's been fussy and sensitive, increasingly prone to fits of hysteria, producing a little streak of mess in his diaper once or twice, but nothing I would call a bowel movement. Until today. It's Thursday.
I turn around to look at him fussing in the baby bouncer and what do I see? His legs like windshield wipers in a pool of poop. I took the whole mess into the bathroom and proceeded to clean cups of poop from his legs, his clothes, and that poor, poor bouncy seat (sorry, Marie). After a bath and some fresh clothes, he's a much happier fellow:
 |
| My happy little dude! |
 |
| Looking up to his brother, Robert. |
Love that picture!
ReplyDeleteUgh. Windshield wipers... I can totally see it...
ReplyDeleteWell good for Matthew for getting that taken care of. And good for you for getting THAT taken care of. I'm with Lara. Perfect description of the incident. I love that picture too. He's a wonderful, perfect little boy.
ReplyDelete