Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rock Climbing!

So, I joined a gym.

*gasp*

It's SO not like me, I know. Crazy, right?

Well, it's not just any gym, it's the YMCA. A really, really neat YMCA.

With a 30' climbing wall:

Bobby took the kids climbing today while I traveled to the temple. He tells me 30 minutes was just enough time because Alice's arms were getting tired (she rang the bell three times!) and it took James 20 minutes to finally warm up to the idea of attempting it. Robert was climbing up and down the whole time, but was afraid to be up so high alone. He finally got to the top when one of the instructors was climbing next to him.

20160206_111700
Spider girl! She's so strong. Robert's on the right with an instructor.
 
20160206_112400
Still. Not. Sure. Lucky for us, the instructors are used to working with kids as young as 2 years old and are willing to start at the very, very basics.

3 comments:

  1. What a great choice! Looks like you will get your money's worth! I love the picture of James hugging Freddy. And I know you had a wonderful day at the temple knowing the family was doing happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That's the gym we go to, also :) Well, the YMCA here.

    ReplyDelete