We just got back from a week-long trip to the south shore of Lake Michigan. It was lovely. A relaxing and fun beach adventure for everyone. I will probably post more about it soon. What I wanted to share in THIS post, however, was how excited I was to come home to this:
 |
| James snuggling one of the tiniest chicken eggs I've ever seen. |
One of the hens is laying! It's one of the new birds...a Golden Buff. Maybe it's time to name them. Anyway, not only did we get a cute little egg, but the yard and garden are producing edibles! We picked raspberries, sweet snap peas, broccoli florets, collard greens, and cocktail cucumbers. The giant zinnias are so big and bright! They make me happy. I cut a bouquet and delivered it to a friend. Irrigation is a wonderful thing.
I'm so glad I planted those seeds and built that trellis and laid that soaker hose and hauled that mulch and pulled those weeds. June is truly my most favorite month to be a gardener.
 |
| These are the first blooms. Many more now. More colors. |
No comments:
Post a Comment