Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Christmas Found!

I found my Christmas groove! It came in the form of an elegant and very simple program entitled "Light the World: 25 ways in 25 days". This is what my family will do for our countdown calendar this year! It's everything I was looking for. I couldn't have invented a better answer to my prayers. Yay! So excited to start with the kids on Thursday.

Last Sunday was the first of our "Singing and Treats: Evans Family Christmas Advent" events. It was just the kids and me since Bobby had a nasty headache :( Alice, Robert, and I went through the Advent binder and read scriptures having to do with prophecies of Christ's birth (Isaiah, Nephi, etc.), then we sang a pile of Christmas songs together. I love, love, loved it. Now that Robert reads pretty well, he's happy to try any song that comes along. We even managed to do a couple rounds! Rounds?! Yes, rounds. Any they held their own. Stayed on tempo. And mostly stayed in key. These kids blow my mind! James and Matthew weren't very interested until we brought out the treats: Fannie May dark chocolate cordial cherries from our Thanksgiving trip to Ohio (blog post coming soon).

We got to bed late, but it was totally, totally worth it.

Here's a video of one of Matthew's little dances. He never does them long enough for me to capture on any camera, but you can see a snippet here. He's unusually dancey for someone in our family:


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish he wasn't shy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty happy about the Church advent campaign as well. Atticus, not so much. When the stake president was talking about it in church Sunday, Atticus's response was, "This is so stupid. And boring. They're telling us to do stuff we already do (listen to Christmas music, day 15). And we don't even KNOW any blind people!" Ah, my little cynic. We'll find a way... :)

    ReplyDelete