Saturday, December 17, 2016
Preschool Christmas Program
James was THRILLED to participate in his preschool's Christmas Program this week. I can't figure this kid out. He dreads going to school most days, he won't actually make eye contact with any unfamiliar adult who's trying to speak to him directly, but he's bouncing with glee at the prospect of singing a handful of Christmas songs in front of perfect strangers. He spoke to me every day this week about how much time was left until his program. No, wait, I think he was actually counting down to the cookie party that would take place right after the Christmas Program. Okay, that makes more sense. Let's start over.
James was THRILLED to participate in his preschool's cookie exchange this week and had some fun in the Christmas Program that immediately preceded it.
He sang all the songs, did all the fingerplays, and managed himself pretty well in the spotlight. I was pretty impressed with him. This kid is a pretty good student when he feels like it: he's confident and silly and eager to answer questions. When he doesn't feel like it, though, he just doesn't want to be there. That's a tricky battle for me, especially at church. If the new meeting time (9:00am) in January doesn't improve things, I've got a little more work to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment