Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Compost Tea Leaves

I cleaned out my seed-starting supplies today and consulted the resulting compost tea leaves for a peek into this upcoming growing season:

IMG_20170124_112114049
Reading left to right, it looks like prepping the soil will almost kill me (big black circle), followed by the usual hurry-up-and-wait of spring planting, then a great black wave of hard work about July and August as harvesting and successive planting kick into high gear. The first hard frost will hit somewhere in November, dissipating the rest of the work into a winter oblivion. Yup, sounds about right.

IMG_20170121_160512943
The kids digging for treasure on a freakishly warm January day.
I've got big plans (BIG PLANS!) this year. It's the first time in a long while that I will be (and plan to stay) pregnancy-free, nursing-free, and infant-free the whole growing season. I'll have my WHOLE body to work with, and more of my own schedule than ever before. I'll also have 4 eager-but-not-very-skilled child-laborers farm hands to help with the chores and the harvest. Maybe. Gotta find an effective form of motivation first.

I have very ambitious goals planned. More details to come. Stay tuned, if you can bear all the gardening talk. If it's not your thing, that's cool, we can still be friends. I think ;)

Spring makes me as giddy as a kid at Christmas time. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Yaay for spring! Even in the milder climes it's a powerful force.

    ReplyDelete