Saturday, April 29, 2017

A few picts

A few events I would LOVE to blog about from this month that may never, ever get blogged or mentioned ever again (please forgive me):

Robert's MAGIC birthday (7 on the 7th) and his three wishes
Easter with Garner fam
Visit from Gma and Gpa Evans
Visit from K and J Crisp fam
Garden bits...so many garden bits
Praying Mantis (yes, just one!) released into the wild
Matthew talk, talk, talking
Lots of normal day stuff that I just love living right now

At this moment, my parents are visiting us. It's so good and so comfortable having them here.

I kinda wish I would/could stop more often here on the blog to write about things and process my life. That's why I decided to blog tonight, even though it's way past my bedtime and I have too many things to write about and too little brainpower to focus on any one topic long enough to do it justice.

I will share some pictures with you just long enough to give me the 'pause and reflect' effect I'm craving right now:
20170422_190440
Robert showing off his dart-gun-slinging skills (from his bday party) and his awesome homemade tie-dye shirt (from Easter at the Garners')

IMG_20170425_085100797
I took James and Matthew to the hardware store for some fencing supplies (gardening bits) and we stopped to try out a few lawn tractors.

IMG_20170427_135659751
It's not a fruit. It's a fungus. Cedar-Apple-Rust, to be specific, and it's ALL over our neighbor's cedar tree. Fingers crossed that the resistant apple strains I planted last year will be resistant enough to THIS unbelievable onslaught of spores. Holy moldy, Batman!

IMG_20170428_144400232
Mass-oo is literally dripping with cold rain in this photo. He was outside playing in it.

IMG_20170428_151944089
I remember one time as a kid, my siblings and I walked home from school in the pouring rain. Soaked and cold, I threw my stuff on the floor and smelled something wonderful. My mom had hot cocoa and toast waiting for us. I felt so loved and so special that day. And now, I tend to get a hankering for cocoa and toast on rainy afternoons.

IMG_20170428_175747032
Four unbelievably delicious pizzas. The vegan one on the upper right was phenomenal since I didn't even miss the dairy (those are blobs of cashew ricotta...mmmmm). Thank you, ATK, for another spectacular recipe to keep forever. It was the perfect pizza dough, exactly how I like it. Don't know if I'll take the time to do it this way every time, but what fun to discover that I could.

IMG_20170428_192030443
I love my dad.

IMG_20170414_151838256
We took a little hike with the Garners along a daffodil trail. I could have used more daffodils, but the human company was quite pleasant. The only humans missing from this photo are me and Rachel :)




1 comment: